Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Oliver Pierce intro

Hello my name is Oliver Pierce and I am a senior at Shepherd University. I’ve always been interested in persuasion and argument. Acquiring an English degree seemed like the best way to build expertise in both persuasion and argument. I am also a fiction writer. Some of my other more unrelated hobbies include hiking, swimming, snowboarding, and rock climbing. I also enjoy a music festival every now and then. Just this weekend I saw Mac Demarco in concert.

I’m excited this course will spotlight funny women. There’s an old cliche myth out there that states women can’t be funny. Being an avid fan of SNL I don’t believe this. Parks and Recreation is also proof of the short sidedness of this baseless assertion. Not knowing what to expect certainly paid off when it came to registering for this class. I am also very excited to start honing new skills of persuasion and criticism.

Tina Fey has always been one of my favorite female comedians. I’m a long time fan of 30 Rock. Not to mention I’ve been a life long fan of Seinfeld. Julia Louis Dreyfus has always had me rooting against all opposition that gets in her way. John Mullaney is also at the top of my list.


1 comment:

  1. Great list of funny people, Oliver. I agree with your choices. :)

    ReplyDelete