Monday, May 20, 2019

Introduction Blog


  1)  Hello! My name is Olivia Mason and I am a junior here at Shepherd! I am an English Literature Major with a minor in Communications. I attended Pierpont Community and Technical College located on Fairmont State University's campus for two years. At the time, I was interested in becoming an American Sign Language Interpreter. That was the only school in WV that offered a degree for it. Unfortunately, after I graduated I realized it was not the career for me. I decided to take a semester off to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. So I started my first semester at Shepherd spring of 2018 and it was the best decision I ever made. I have lived in Martinsburg, WV my entire life. Although I am a commuter, I work part time in the Student Center on campus. I love it and work with a great group of people! I am taking four classes over the course of the summer semester, so I’ll have my hands full. Good thing I like to stay busy! In my free time, I enjoy swimming laps, reading, watching movies, discovering new music, and spending time with friends and family.

  2)  ENGL 372 is a course that will satisfy one of my requirements. When I was reviewing my options this course immediately stood out. I mean who doesn't enjoy humor? I’m really looking forward to reading and discussing funny women in particular! As of right now, I plan on getting into editorial work. Although I hadn’t considered becoming a writer, advanced composition will allow me the chance to explore that possibility. In terms of my writing, that is an area that can continuously be improved on. I plan on learning new techniques and styles to strengthen my writing skills. I hope to learn from you guys as well!

  3)  I love to laugh! I laugh at sarcasm, movies, vine compilations, old cartoons, and the occasional American Idol worst auditions videos on YouTube. I also enjoy exchanging funny stories with people. Whenever I tell a story or joke, I’m usually laughing hysterically before I get to the funny part. Honestly, the women in my family make me laugh the most. We’re very close and every moment spent together is memorable. We all have a sarcastic sense of humor and quote entirely too much from movies. My grandmother, mom, and I are probably the most sarcastic. I guess you could say it just runs in the family. My grandmother is such a character. She says whatever comes to mind and it’s absolutely hilarious. My mom and aunts constantly pick on each other but it’s all sisterly love. As cliché and biased as this is, my mom is the funniest woman I know. She makes the silliest comments and impressions. Her sense of humor can turn any frown upside down!




My mom and me.
My mom, aunts, and grandmother.



An accurate representation of our relationship!

1 comment:

  1. Love those pictures and what you said about the funny women in your life. That commonality running through these posts is making me very happy. I also love the specifics in your post. And four classes? You are very ambitious! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete